Intrepid’s View on Social Learning #TK10
Social Learning is one tool in the learning toolbox.
- It’s not (only) about the technology.
- There’s still no free lunch, even when the tools are “free.”
- Users must be encourage to contribute
- There must be incentives for them to contribute
- Need active ways to energize the people you are targeting
- Targeted content
- Social learning is not fully mature, but it is real. Deal with it.
Busines & Performance Assessment (Going beyond the traditional boundaries of “learning”)
- We setup the series of training.
- Small pieces of easily consumed learning content
- Job Aides
- Performance support materials
- Emphasis is on speed and convenience of access
- Emphasis on collaboration
- User generated content
- User determined path in the content