My team is about to pursue development of multiple eLearning courses and possibly video. During my research I found 5 great resources on storyboarding and script development. Storyboards can serve multiple purposes from eLearning to video based projects. The 5 resources below provide a mix of resources.
- eLearning Storyboard & Script Writing Full Course by eLearning.net: The eLearning Network – This video provides a great example of a very simple storyboard that provides all information for the project sponsor, instructional designer, narrator, graphics resource, SME, and others. It then proceeds to describe how to write a script.
- What is a Storyboard and Why Do You Need One? by GoAnimate – This article focuses on creating storyboards for a video.
- Storyboarding, by InstructionalDesign.org – This article provides a short history of storyboards.
- Presentation tutorial: How to create a storyboard | lynda.com – The video discusses storyboarding a presentation. Two great points was to “Find what works for you” and “Always save your storyboards.”
- Storyboarding Using PowerPoint 2016 – This was a real find because I discovered that you can enable a storyboarding tab in PowerPoint 2016. The video is by Chris’ Tutorials.